Stage 1 equivalent training guidance
Resuscitation and Transfer
Stage learning outcome
- Able to recognise and initiates resuscitation of the deteriorating patient
- Works as an effective member of the medical emergency team
- Cares for stable critically ill adult patients independently during inter-hospital transfers by road
Experience and learning requirements
- Continued practice of resuscitation skills and being part of the medical emergency team.
- Able to do an inter-hospital transfer with supervision level 2b.
Examples of evidence
Supervised Learning events (SLEs) demonstrating safe inter hospital transfer of a patient at a supervision level of 2b and continued resuscitation skills.
Personal Activities and Personal Reflections may include:
- simulation training including transfer
- resuscitation training courses.