Senior Fellows and Members Club (SFMC)
Are you approaching retirement and would like to know what happens next to your membership?
The Senior Fellows and Members Club (SFMC) is for fellows and members of the College who have come to the end of their career and are no longer in substantive employment. By retaining your membership you will be continuing your support of the important work the College does for the specialty as a whole, receive communications and updates from the College and we will provide you with opportunities to meet with colleagues and peers (both old and new) at our social events.
Contact the Membership Engagement team to change your category to SFMC at email@example.com or call 020 7092 1700, Monday to Friday 09.00 to 17.00.
Benefits of joining the SFMC:
- invitation to attend the SFMC meetings held twice a year
- continued communications to be kept informed about changes and developments that are happening in the field of anaesthesia, and the work of the College
- dependent on the SFMC option you select you can continue accessing the online academic publications: British Journal of Anaesthesia and BJA Education
- access to College publications: College Bulletin, President's News , Devolved nations’ e-newsletter and/or The International Anaesthetist
- you can opt in to receive a regular newsletter which will give you an update on RCoA led/endorsed research. Please contact Jose Lourtie for further information
- 50% discount on selected RCoA Events
- you can access RCoA videos – e-video recordings of lectures (including lecture slides) from selected College events
- access to support and guidance through revalidation and access to the CPD diary within the Lifelong Learning platform
- continued use of post nominal achieved during anaesthetic career if applicable
- you are welcome to contact the College with any anaesthetic, critical care or pain management queries (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- if you are a member of one of the Faculties, you can opt to continue to receive their regular mailings in addition to those of the College (email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org).
Find out more about subscription rates.
What are the SFMC meetings and where are they held?
The College is proud to provide its SFMC with an opportunity to enjoy, twice a year, scientific, cultural and educational meetings, with updates on College and Club news, followed by lunch, where there is a chance to socialise.
You will receive an invitation at least eight weeks prior to the meeting. The meeting is only open to members of the Senior Fellows and Members Club, however, if there are spaces available members are welcome to bring a guest.
Whilst two out of three meetings are held in London, we hold one meeting every 18 months outside of London. In recent years we have taken our SFMC meeting to Dundee, York, Cambridge, Newcastle-upon-Tyne, Bristol, Liverpool, Birmingham and Edinburgh.
If you're interested in joining the Senior Fellows and Members Club, contact the Membership Engagement team on
020 7092 1700 or click the link below to email us.