Senior Fellows and Members Club (SFMC)
Next meeting – 26 May 2020
The next meeting will be held at the College on Tuesday 26 May 2020. The topic is 'Medicine and Art' and the lecture will be delivered by Dr Barry Walsh, more details to come.
Are you approaching retirement and would like to know what happens next to your membership?
The Senior Fellows and Members Club (SFMC) is for fellows and members of the College who are approaching or have already retired from clinical practice and are no longer working full time. By retaining your membership you will be continuing your support of the important work the College does for the specialty as a whole, receive communications and updates from the College and we will provide you with opportunities to meet with colleagues and peers (both old and new) at our social events.
Contact the Membership Engagement team to change your category to SFMC at email@example.com or call 020 7092 1700, Monday to Friday 08.30 to 17.00.
Benefits of joining the SFMC:
- invitation to attend the SFMC meetings held twice a year
- continued communications to be kept informed about changes and developments that are happening in the field of anaesthesia, and the work of the College
- dependent on the SFMC option you select you can continue to receive all of our monthly journals; the BJA, BJA Education and bi-monthly Bulletin.
- you can opt in to receive a regular newsletter which will give you an update on RCoA led/endorsed research. Please contact James Goodwin for further information
- if you live in one of our devolved nations, you will receive a regular newsletter which will give you an update on what is happening in the region (you may opt out)
- 50% discount on selected RCoA Events
- you can access RCoA videos – e-video recordings of lectures (including lecture slides) from selected College events
- access to support and guidance through revalidation and access to the CPD diary within the Lifelong Learning platform
- continued use of post nominal achieved during anaesthetic career if applicable
- you are welcome to contact the College with any anaesthetic, critical care or pain management queries (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- if you are a member of one of the Faculties, you can opt to continue to receive their regular mailings in addition to those of the College (email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org).
Find out more about subscription rates.
What are the SFMC meetings and where are they held?
The College is proud to provide its SFMC with an opportunity to enjoy, twice a year, scientific, cultural and educational meetings, with updates on College and Club news, followed by lunch, where there is a chance to socialise.
You will receive an invitation at least eight weeks prior to the meeting. The meeting is only open to members of the Senior Fellows and Members Club, however, if there are spaces available members are welcome to bring a guest.
Whilst two out of three meetings are held in London, we hold one meeting every 18 months outside of London. In recent years we have taken our SFMC meeting to Dundee, York, Cambridge, Newcastle-upon-Tyne, Bristol, Liverpool, Birmingham and Edinburgh.
If you're interested in joining the Senior Fellows and Members Club, contact the Membership Engagement team on
020 7092 1700 or click the link below to email us.