Dr Mike Swart
MB BS, FRCA, EDICM, FFICM, PGCertEd
Term of office on Council
Torbay Hospital, Torquay, Devon
Dr Mike Swart qualified from University College London in 1987. Anaesthetics and Intensive Care training he was Senior House Officer at Milton Keynes and Oxford, Registrar at Swansea and Cardiff and Senior Registrar Ipswich and Cambridge. Mike became appointed Consultant in Anaesthesia and Intensive Care in 1998. His subspecialty interests are cardiopulmonary exercise testing, shared decision making, perioperative medicine and global health. Mike believes anaesthesia is preoperative, intraoperative and postoperative care and he will work to prevent any separation of perioperative medicine and anaesthesia at the College. Anaesthesia is perioperative medicine and perioperative medicine is anaesthesia.
Register of Interests
- Member of the Association of Anaesthetists.
- British Medical Association
- Intensive Care Society
- Perioperative Society
- Vascular Anaesthetic Society
- employee Torbay and South Devon NHS Foundation Trust
- trust has a pharmaceutical manufacturing unit that produces metaraminol and other drugs, all profits go back into the NHS
- joint Clinical Lead for Getting it Right First Time for Anaesthesia and Perioperative Medicine.