A fellow of the Institution of Civil Engineers now largely retired, Robert recently worked for the Highways Agency (now Highways England) project managing large road construction projects and was responsible for their UK highway engineering specifications. He is a member of British and European Standards committees and remains Chairman of a European Technical committee. His is coming to the end of his sixth and final year as Public Governor at the Queen Victoria NHS Trust Hospital at East Grinstead. He has been treasurer and is now President of the local Rotary Club.
Areas of RCoA work and involvement
- Member of the Patient Information Group.
- Member of the Anaesthesia Clinical Services Accreditation (ACSA) Group.
- Lay Member of the Centre for Perioperative Care (CPOC) Board.
Declaration of interests
- Public Governor of Queen Victoria NHS Hospital East Grinstead.
- Director of Kent Beekeeping Association.