Merging the London deaneries
Why have you made this change?
With the recent inclusion of the ICM curriculum and the new Anaesthesia and ICM school structures, it has become apparent that a change is required to ensure trainers and trainees in the London region have access to the relevant portfolios. By merging the existing 3 London deaneries into a single deanery and realigning the associated schools, the appropriate access and controls can be applied and more easily managed for each rotation.
What has changed?
The following tables outline how the deanery and schools align after the change, which will also be reflected in your LLP profile.
|Old deanery name||New deanery name|
|Health Education South London||London Deanery|
|Health Education North West London||London Deanery|
|Health Education North Central and East London||London Deanery|
|Old school name||New school name|
|St Georges School of Anaesthesia||South London Anaesthesia Programme - SW Rotation|
|South Eastern School of Anaesthesia||South London Anaesthesia Programme - SE Rotation|
|Imperial School of Anaesthesia||North London Anaesthesia Programme - NW Rotation|
|Barts and the London School of Anaesthesia||North London Anaesthesia Programme - NE Rotation|
|Central London School of Anaesthesia||North London Anaesthesia Programme - NC Rotation|
|*New school created||Pan London Intensive Care Medicine Programme|
How will this benefit me and affect my role(s) within the LLP?
- As a Trainee - The only thing you will notice is that your Deanery and your current rotation (School) name will change in line with the tables above. As well as being able to access any Educational Supervisor or College/Faculty Tutor, you will now also be able to select any TPD, RA or HoS across all of London.
- As an Educational Supervisor – Your Deanery will change to London and you will continue to have access to the LLP portfolio of any trainee for whom you are the ES.
- As a Faculty Tutor or College Tutor – Your access will be similar to an ES, but you will be able to see the LLP portfolio of any trainee in your hospital.
- As a TPD, RAA, Head of School (for either ANEAS or FICM)- You will now be able to access the LLP portfolio of all trainees in the London deanery, using your own LLP login. You can also filter the trainees listed by school.
- As a Regional Administrator – You will now have access to the LLP portfolios of all trainees within the London region (using either your ANEAS or FICM admin account login).
- What’s not changing – The current ANAES and FICM permissions will remain the same, for example: As an ANAES HoS you will still only be able to access the LLP portfolio of ANAES trainees and as an ICM HoS you will still only be able to access the LLP portfolio of ICM trainees. We are hoping to improve this in a future update.
Do I need to do anything after the change?
No. All the changes will take place automatically and you will be migrated to the new London deanery and appropriate school (as shown in the above tables). The change will be reflected in your LLP profile, should you wish to check your details.
If you notice that your school is showing "No school", please contact the LLP team to update your details.
When did the change take place?
The change went live on Wednesday 7th December.
Who do I contact if I experience any issues after the change?
The Lifelong Learning team at the RCoA will help and guide you through any technical issues or queries you may have:
ANAES users - email@example.com
Tel: 020 7092 1556
FICM users - firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel: 020 7092 1680
If you are a Dual (ANAES and FICM) account user, please use the contact details associated with the section you currently need help with.