President, Council & Lay Trustees
The College's Council comprises 24 elected members including the President and two Vice-Presidents.
These include 20 consultant seats, two staff and associate specialist seats and two trainee seats.
Ten co-opted members also attend College Council meetings, representing the following bodies:
- Faculty of Pain Medicine
- Faculty of Intensive Care Medicine
- Association of Anaesthetists
- RCoA Northern Irish Board
- RCoA Scottish Board
- RCoA Welsh Board
- RCoA Lay Committee
- Clinical Directors' Network
- CPOC Director
- British Journal of Anaesthesia.
The College's Senior Management Team and Clinical Quality Advisor attend Council meetings.
Minutes from the past three Council meetings can be found here