Criteria of category
Undergraduate students studying medicine.
How membership supports the work of the College:
Membership of the College directly contributes to advancing the specialty by supporting important work in clinical standards, patient safety and research. This includes:
- the National Audit Projects (NAPs) and the Sprint National Anaesthesia Projects (SNAP)
- the Anaesthesia Clinical Services Accreditation (ACSA) scheme, with benefits delivered to patients, clinicians and anaesthetic departments across the UK
- the National Emergency Laparotomy Audit (NELA) which has helped save hundreds of patients’ lives each year since its inception
- keeping our NICE accredited anaesthetic standards setting document, Guidelines for the Provision of Anaesthetic Services (GPAS), up to date
- development and distribution of patient information resources
- development of the Centre for Perioperative Care (CPOC).
Benefits of Medical Student membership:
To be able to take full advantage of College benefits
and get involved in College initiatives