Dr Felicity Plaat
Term of office on Council
Queen Charlotte's and Hammersmith Hospitals, Imperial Healthcare NHS Trust
Dr Felicity Plaat qualified from the Middlesex Hospital in London in 1985 after a degree in Social and political sciences from Cambridge University. She trained in anaesthesia in London and was appointed as a consultant anaesthetist at Imperial College NHS Trust based at Queen Charlotte’s & Hammersmith Hospitals in 1997. Her specialist areas are obstetric anaesthesia, medicolegal and ethical aspects of anaesthesia. Felicity is involved with multidisciplinary team-based training in the UK, in resource poor countries and conflict zones. Currently her focus is on multidisciplinary management of critical illness and trauma in pregnancy.
Felicity is a past Membership Secretary of the Association of Anaesthetists and is the current President of the Obstetric Anaesthetists’ Association. She is also a member of the editorial board of BJA Education and the International Journal of Obstetric Anaesthesia.
Register of Interests
- Medicolegal work
- President, Obstetric Anaesthetists’ Association (2017–2020)
- Anaesthetic Assessor, MBRRACE-UK: Mothers and Babies: Reducing Risk through Audits and Confidential Enquiries across the UK (a national maternal mortality audit)
- Council member, Anaesthetics Section, Royal Society of Medicine
- Member of editorial board/reviewer for the International Journal of Obstetric Anaesthesia
- Medical Advisory Panel Member, Baby Lifeline (charity)
- Member of the working party of MOET (ALSG obstetric life support and trauma course)
- NICE member of expert advisors' panel