Undergraduate students studying medicine.
Benefits of Medical Student membership
The Royal College of Anaesthetists is the third largest medical royal college by UK membership. With a combined membership of 24,000 fellows and members, it represents the three specialties of anaesthesia, intensive care and pain medicine.
Raise your professional integrity with tutors, doctors and patients, and demonstrate your dedication to high professional values and care.
Get a head start in your future specialty with career guidance and professional support
- use the Considering a career in anaesthesia and Training and the Training Programme pages on our website for information on:
- what a career in anaesthesia can look like
- the anaesthesia training programme
- recruitment and selection
- dual accreditation with ICM
- pain medicine training
- be the first to know about our popular Career in anaesthesia events, held in London and Leeds
- use the dedicated section on the College website, sign-posting you to relevant information to help progress your career in anaesthesia
- have access to very useful FAQs.
Advance your knowledge and skills
- 75% discount on selected RCoA events and courses*
- receive College e-publications including links to the College Bulletin magazine, and the President’s e-newsletter
- 20% discount on all medical books by tfm publishing - contact the Membership Engagement team for the exclusive discount code
- use the largest medical online learning resource for anaesthetics in the UK, RCoA e-Learning Anaesthesia (e-LA), an interactive and engaging web-based learning resource (including online lectures to provide you with vetted material to complement your practical learning)
- use the webcasting platform – free video recordings of lectures, including lecture slides from selected College events
- gain a better understanding of and updates on perioperative medicine
Find new opportunities and make connections
- apply for RCoA sponsorship opportunities for medical fairs and events. We currently offer College promotional materials, speakers, advertisement on the RCoA website and financial sponsorship**
- have the opportunity to network with other practitioners and students, sharing best practice, experiences and being part of an anaesthetic and perioperative community
- you are eligible for a TOTUM PRO card, offering you great discounts. To purchase a TOTUM PRO card, please call the Membership Engagement team on 020 7092 1700 for an access code.
*There will be a limited number of places available at a 75% discount at selected RCoA events.
**Whilst this is open to non-members, priority will be given to members.
To be able to take full advantage of College benefits
and get involved in College initiatives