Mr Russell Ampofo
Russell Ampofo is Director of Education, Training and Examinations. He is responsible for developing and delivering the College's education, training and examination strategy in the UK and overseas. Russell provides leadership across the following College functions:
- development of trusted and high-quality anaesthetic educational opportunities, resources and content for members and others practicing anaesthesia and perioperative medicine in the UK and overseas
- delivery of world class training and career support and guidance to our members
- development and maintenance of standards in training curricula, assessment, recruitment for training in the UK and internationally
- supplying high-quality professional examinations for the specialty of anaesthesia, critical care and pain medicine.
Prior to the College, Russell worked at Public Health England, the Faculty of Public Health and Edexcel (Pearson) Education. In these roles, he had varied responsibilities including training, developing curricula, workforce development, examinations, national recruitment and quality.
Register of Interests
- Shareholder of Pearson PLC
- Lay Member, Society for Education in Anaesthesia (SEAUK) Board