Public consultation is now open for select GPAS chapters
The Royal College of Anaesthetists (RCoA) is pleased to announce that the public consultation period is open for the following Guidelines for the Provision of Anaesthesia Services (GPAS) chapters:
- Chapter 5: Guidelines for the Provision of Emergency Anaesthesia 2022
- Chapter 9: Guidelines for the Provision of Anaesthesia Services for an Obstetric Population 2022
- Chapter 10: Guidelines for the Provision of Paediatric Anaesthesia Services 2022
- Chapter 13: Guidelines for the Provision of Ophthalmic Anaesthesia Services 2022
- Chapter 17: Guidelines for the Provision of Anaesthesia Services for Burn and Plastics Surgery 2022
GPAS supports anaesthetists with responsibilities for service delivery and healthcare managers to design and deliver high quality anaesthetic services. All GPAS chapters are developed using a National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) accredited process. As part of this process, the RCoA commits to undertake a full review of each chapter every five years.
Full details including the GPAS chapter drafts and consultation form are available on our website.