The International Anaesthetist
This quarterly e-newsletter which is published in February, May, August and November, is an opportunity to share updates with our diverse membership across the world. Each issue will include an update on the College’s international work and will feature sections written by you – our members – on your work and experiences wherever you are.
You can also read articles from our partner organisations, highlighting the important work which is undertaken outside the UK.
We look forward to hearing from you and welcome future submissions.
The International Anaesthetist e-newsletter is an opportunity to share updates from members and fellows across the world. We would be very keen to receive articles about activities based outside of the UK.
- Articles should be emailed in Word to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your full name and title.
- A colour headshot of each author must be submitted with the article. However, if there are three or more authors, only the main author's image will be included because of space limitations.
- Articles should be no more than 300–400 words in length including any references and/or further reading. Please try to include at least one high resolution photograph to illustrate the article. If you’re unable to include an image, please suggest the type of image that could be used so that the College can source one from its own library, otherwise an image will be chosen for you.
- All images, including author photos, should be submitted in JPG format and be at least 150dpi in resolution (this means the file size should be around 1MB in size). We are unable to accept images, graphics or illustrations embedded within a Word file as the quality is just too poor. Please do not submit files in PNG format.
- Tables should consist of simple text with no complex formatting. Each table, figure or graph must have a title. It would be preferable to submit the original Excel file for any charts and graphs so that they can be formatted to fit with the College style.
- Please declare any conflict of interest when you submit the article.
- Spell out all abbreviations and/or acronyms within the text.
- The author should be listed first in any references, and journal titles should be abbreviated.
- All articles will be sent to a professional proofreader prior to publication and will be amended to fit with the College’s Style Guide.
- Each issue of The International Anaesthetist will be available to download from the College website.
- The Editor reserves the right to edit articles for reasons of space or clarity.
- The author(s) confirm that if a patient or any other individual(s) can be identified in the article either in the text or by digital medium, then the written consent of such individual(s) is obtained and presented with the article.
- The author(s) confirm they have obtained written permission for the use of any copyrighted material.