Individuals who are not registered medical practitioners but have an interest in the development or delivery of anaesthesia, critical care, pain medicine or perioperative medicine.
£145.00 (no overseas rate)
Benefits of Affiliate membership
We are committed to building a strong membership and professional body that all anaesthetists can be proud of and are devoted to supporting you throughout every stage of your career.
Results from our recent membership surveys show a clear majority of our membership rate the College ‘good’ or ‘very good’ as a membership organisation – something we are proud of. Delivering good value for money is important to us, and we have been able to maintain some of the lowest membership fees across the Medical Royal Colleges whilst ensuring we provide our Fellows and Members with a wide range of benefits.
Please see the list of some top benefits for this membership category below:
- access to the College’s e-Learning system (at a reduced rate if working overseas)
- access to online academic publications: British Journal of Anaesthesia and BJA Education - with access to its CPD material
- 20% discount on all medical books by tfm publishing - contact the Membership Engagement team for the exclusive discount code
- College publications: College Bulletin, President's News , Devolved nations’ e-newsletter
- College mailings to keep you up to date, including news of all future educational courses and events and the College’s Annual Review
- access to our My RCoA portal
For a full list of benefits the College provides its membership, dependent on categories, please click here.
Through your membership, the College is also able to advance our specialty by carrying out important work in clinical standards, patient safety and research. This includes:
- the National Audit Projects (NAPs) and the Sprint National Anaesthesia Projects (SNAP)
- the Anaesthesia Clinical Services Accreditation (ACSA) scheme, with benefits delivered to patients, clinicians and anaesthetic departments across the UK
- the National Emergency Laparotomy Audit (NELA) which has helped save hundreds of patients’ lives each year since its inception
- keeping our NICE accredited anaesthetic standards setting document, Guidelines for the Provision of Anaesthetic Services (GPAS), up to date
- development of the Centre for Perioperative Care (CPOC).
To be able to take full advantage of College benefits
and get involved in College initiatives