Returning to work in anaesthetics after a period of time away, for example maternity leave, research or experience in a different specialty, can be daunting.
If you have had a break of three months to two years, the GASagain course is designed to build confidence and is structured to provide you with the strategies for managing a return to work. You will practice both common and unusual clinical scenarios in the simulator to refresh your skills and participate in a series of workshops, underpinned by short relevant lectures, to review key areas and update you on the latest in the world of anaesthesia.
The course is delivered in a supportive environment and complements keep in touch days or workplace support.
We will provide a course PDF document with relevant algorithms, articles and references.
To obtain maximum benefit from this course, all participants must have:
- completed one year full-time employment in anaesthetics
- an employer with whom they are planning their return to work
- not been away from clinical practice for longer than two years.
If you don't meet the above eligibility criteria but feel that this course would be beneficial to you, then please contact email@example.com or call us on 020 7092 1673.
- confidence building
- awareness of guideline updates and revision of algorithms (adult and paediatric resuscitation, DAS)
- real time physiology simulation with medium/high fidelity
- chance to practice non-technical skills (communication, team work)
- insight into error and understanding your limitations (fatigue, anxiety on return to work)
- debriefing sessions to learn from peers, share knowledge and to benefit from experimental and reflective learning.