Dr Abrie Theron
MBChB, MRCP, FRCA
Cardiff & Vale University Health Board
Dr Abrie Theron qualified from the University of Pretoria in 1999 and worked in rural South Africa for two years. In 2002 he moved to the UK and trained in medicine and anaesthesia in Exeter and completed his anaesthetic training in Wales in 2012. The same year he was appointed as a consultant in Cardiff. His subspecialty is obstetric anaesthesia.
He was appointed deputy clinical director for perioperative care in January 2016 and is Chair of the Welsh Board. He is married to Catherine and has two young children.
Register of Interests
- Clinical Director Peri-operative Care, Cardiff & Vale University Health Board
- Practicing privileges: Spire Cardiff Hospital, Nuffield Health Cardiff and Vale Hospitals, The London Woman’s Clinic, Cardiff
- Vice-Chair, Academy of Medical Royal Colleges Wales (I will not receive any payment other than expenses)
- Steering Group Member, Welsh Medical Committee (I will not receive any payment other than expenses)
- Investment in rental property in Cardiff.