Professor Ravi Mahajan
Term of office as President
Term of office as Vice-President
Term of office on Council
Nottingham University Hospital NHS Trust, Queen's Medical Centre, Nottingham
Professor Ravi Mahajan qualified in anaesthesia in 1985 in India, came to the UK in 1988 and has since had 30 years’ experience in the NHS. During this time Ravi has been supporting the development of a culture that instinctively puts patient safety first in all considerations, a significant change seen in his time as a clinician.
Serving as Council member since 2007, in 2016 he became Vice-President and then President in September 2018, alongside his role as Professor of Anaesthesia and Intensive Care at University Hospitals, Nottingham. Previously Ravi was Editor-in-Chief of the peer review journal at the British Journal of Anaesthesia (BJA).
In his career as an anaesthetist Ravi has helped to develop the Safe Anaesthesia Liaison Group, the National Institute for Academic Anaesthesia, the Health Services Research Centre and more recently the Centre for Perioperative Care.
Register of Interests
- Director of Critical Care Integration and Transformation at Apollo Hospitals Group (AHG) on pan-India basis
- Investigator for the trials funded by Organon (2004–2006), all the funds were deposited to the Departmental University Accounts
- Some medico-legal work in the past
- Research workshop conducted for Anaxsys in 2013, and received honoraria for the same
- Research funded by British Oxygen Company (BOC – Gases (2008–2010).