RCoA Webcasting Tips and FAQs
- Do I need to be a Fellow/Member of the College to access webcasts?
- Do I need to register/Do I need login details to access webcasts?
- Does the College charge a fee for accessing webcasts?
- Can I watch webcasts on a mobile/tablet?
- Can I watch webcasts on a Mac computer?
- Do I need to download any software to watch webcasts?
- Can I access webcasts from overseas?
- Can I claim CPD credits for viewing webcasts?
- Will viewing webcasts automatically log my CPD credits?
RCoA Webcasting Tips
We recommend veiwing webcasts using Firefox web browser. If you are experiencing technical difficulties please consider using an alternative web browser or location if you are attempting to access webcasts at your hospital as security settings may block access to the webcast player.
RCoA Webcasting FAQs
Do I need to be a Fellow/Member of the College to access webcasts?
There are no joining requirements to access College webcasts. The webcasts can be found on the College website and are available to all.
Can I watch webcasts on a mobile/tablet?
The webcast player is compatible with tablets. It is not designed to be accessed on mobile phones, however it may be visible on some smart phones. We recommend you view webcasts on a computer or tablet.
Can I watch webcasts on a Mac computer?
The webcast player works on PCs, Macs and tablets. We recommend that you download the latest version of your web browsers – Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Safari.
Do I need to download any software to watch webcasts?
The webcasts can be streamed from our webcast player without the need to download any software. You will need an internet connection and we do recommend these web browsers in order of compatibility: Firefox, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer and Safari. If you are experiencing issues with any of these browsers please try an alternative browser or you can contact us on 0207 092 1673.
Can I claim CPD credits for viewing webcasts?
You can claim CPD credits for viewing webcasts. You can claim 0.5 credits for every 30 minutes viewed. You will have to reflect on your learning to claim your CPD credits. For further information on reflection and maximum credits to be claimed for this activity please see the College CPD Guidelines.
Will viewing webcasts automatically log my CPD credits?
If you view the webcast of the month through e-LA, your time spent will be logged. For more information on this please see the e-LA guidance. You can also manually log your credits for any webcast on the College CPD System.
- About the College
- About the College Overview
- RCoA Strategic Plan
- Annual Review and Financial Statements 2015-2016
- Membership and Subscriptions
- College Merchandise
- College Calendar
- Venue and Facilities Hire
- President and Council
- Structure, Organisation and Regulations
- Regional Advisers and College Tutors
- College Heritage
- Job Vacancies at the College
- Senior Fellows Club
- College Publications
- Contact the College
- Careers and Training
- Careers and Training Overview
- Shape of Training
- Considering a Career in Anaesthesia
- Recruitment into Anaesthesia
- Training and the Training Programme
- Trainee Representation
- The RCoA Guide for Novice Trainees
- Trainee e-Portfolio
- Excellence, Grants and College Medals
- Career and Personal Difficulties
- Less-Than-Fulltime Consultant Careers
- Career Breaks and Returning to Work
- CESR and Equivalence
- SAS and Specialty Doctors
- Global Partnerships
- Regional Advisers and College Tutors
- Working Time Regulations
- Workforce Planning
- Anaesthesia-related Professionals
- Careers and Training Publications
- Contact the Training Department
- Examinations Overview
- The FRCA Examination
- Primary FRCA MCQ
- Primary FRCA OSCE/SOE
- Final FRCA Written
- Final FRCA SOE
- Exam Results, Statistics & Allocations
- Physicians' Assistant (Anaesthesia) OSCE
- Exam Syllabus and Regulations
- Eligibility and Exemptions
- Dates, Fees and Applications
- Resources for Candidates
- Guidance for Unsuccessful Candidates
- The Candidate Newsletter
- Examiner and Examiner Applicants
- Observers and Visitors to Examinations
- Examinations Publications
- Contact the Exams Department
- Education, Events and Research
- Clinical Quality, Standards and Safety
- Clinical Quality Overview
- Standards of Clinical Practice
- Safety in Anaesthesia
- Governance and Support
- Support for Doctors and FAQs
- Invited Review (ART)
- Clinical Services Accreditation (ACSA)
- College Representation on AACs
- Airway Leads
- Clinical Quality FAQs
- Patient Information Leaflets
- Clinical Quality Publications
- Contact the Clinical Quality Directorate
- Revalidation and CPD
- News and the Bulletin
- For Patients and Relatives
- Patients and Relatives Overview
- Common Concerns and FAQs
- Who are Anaesthetists?
- Information about Anaesthesia
- Information for Children and Parents
- Commercial Printing of our Leaflets
- Making Anaesthesia Safer
- Complaints about your Doctor or treatment
- The Lay Committee (LC)
- Patient information Publications
- Contact the Patient Information Unit
- Education, Events & Research Overview
- Calendar of Events
- Anaesthetists as Educators (AaE)
- e-Learning Anaesthesia (e-LA)
- BJA and BJA Education Online
- Contact the Education Department