The Faculty holds its Annual Meeting in November/December of each year. As well as a useful updates day, it is an opportunity for pain medicine doctors to get together with other members of the Faculty and the Faculty Board. The day includes lectures by highly regarded speakers, a Faculty update, trainee publication prize award and the Patrick Wall Lecture followed by the award of the Patrick Wall medal.
The 10th Annual Meeting, Friday 1st December and will be open for booking soon.
The 9th Annual Meeting programme included:
- Spinal injections for back pain: What is the evidence?
- Mental health problems in patients with persistent pain
- Debate: Epidural analgesia for abdominal surgery
- Patrick Wall guest lecture: Moving towards a better understanding of neuropathic pain and what this means for patient care.
- Thoracic paravertebral blocks
- Myofascial trigger points: Fact or myth?
Comments from previous Annual Meetings:
- "A good mix of experts and disciplines amongst the speakers"
- "Very interesting, practical and down to earth topics"
- "Very informative, highly valued speakers"
Photographs from the 2015 FPM Annual Meeting
Photographs from the 2013 FPM Annual Meeting